2008/12/22

Virtual Culture

I wonder how many of you are new to the internet explosion. Although the internet has been around for many years, it is new to the average Joe. I know I started playing around with the internet in 1998/1999, so about 10 years for me. Some people I know started a few years before, so maybe 15 or 20 years ago. Welcome to the information age and our virtual home.
The internet has a lot to offer. Today we can earn a degree online. become online business owners and play online. This is a new culture in the making. We are, however; missing a part of that culture and that aspect is where to find employment online. If the virtual world is becoming another home for us than we must learn to get a long in our element. How can we do that when an important element such as work is missing.
What this tells me is that it is okay to shop and spend my money online; I can be an online consumer. I can visit communities online, some with games that have to be paid for. I can hire people from the online community to help me advertise or what have you, but; I cannot find an online job.With all of these people online, taking money from us, where is there a place for us to make money in this online global community?

No comments: